This week, the boys wrap up their discussion on Contentment…I know this sounds boring, but this lies at the very heart of so many problems that beset our families today. Listen in.
Links to information discussed in the show:
"Contentment is not a behavioral issue, it is a spiritual and emotional issue."
"The answer for unresolved issues - contentment"
"Teaching your kids contentment occurs through modeling."
Ways to fight discontentment:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff.
3. Embrace enough.
4. Discernment. Practice wisdom.
5. Have faith and trust in God. Be assured of the things you cannot see.
Take a Seat on the Couch:
If this episode hits home for you. If you believe you and your family struggle with this particular area, read below for next steps for you and your family:
1. Accept that some things will happen no matter what you do.
2. Accept that some things will not change quickly.
3. Give yourself license to be human and struggle.
4. If you'd like more help in this area, contact Jimmy and Josh at The Timothy Center. Just go to www.timothycenter.com.